Sunday, September 28

Part Two of Weight-Gain-Gate!

I've been promising to write part two of the emotional weight gain / loss / gain saga but every time I try to write it, it sounds like I'm complaining. Ugh. 

Well, let's give it another bash. I started a new job in September last year and it's been hectic but amazing. Now, this is where it sounds like I'm complaining (which to any colleagues reading this - I am not - heh.) Like I said, this year has been hectic. Work became my top priority and this meant a lot of late nights and early mornings, plugging away at the laptop. Again, not complaining, sometimes a gal's just gotta get her graft on. (Especially when she lives alone and has bills to pay - if you've been there, you'll feel me!)

But yeah, when I wasn't working, all I wanted to do was sleep or drink wine and eat pizza with Jon. I know people often go, "I don't have time to work out / eat healthy" and it sounds like an excuse...well, I guess I could have gotten up at 5am to work out but I was shattered. All I wanted to do was sleep so I could throw my energy into work and still try to see my friends and family over the weekend. I kept it together at the office but I was often a fragile, exhausted mess after hours. And that's how I regained 9.5 kilos :( I didn't work out and I stopped planning healthy meals. It sucks, and I'm bummed and I bawled my eyes out when my favourite clothes stopped fitting me...but life happens. I'm not gonna spiral into a depression because things could be A LOT worse.

As for today? Things are looking up! Our team at work has grown and life is becoming more manageable. I've got a long way to go in terms of getting my fitness up and sorting out my eating but I know I'll get there. I just need to stay strong and positive. 

Oh, and about losing a load of blog readers (as mentioned in Part 1) - well, a little while ago Jon said, "Why don't you check out what your blog stats are these days?" Now I have NEVER blogged for stats or swag but thanks to a few kind press mentions back in the day, there were quite a lot of peeps reading Gloss at one point. But as my work responsibilities have grown over the years, my spare time has dwindled a fair bit. I was lucky if I got around to posting once a week. I knew my stats would have taken a plunge but I didn't expect them to be as low as they were when I took a peek at 'em. It  made me sad but you know what? This blog isn't my job. A few years ago, I promised myself I would think of Gloss as my happy place to play in when I could. I removed all the pressure to social-media-it-up.

So on those nights when I felt too tired to edit pics and write for Gloss, I snuggled Jon or had tea with a friend. That is what I needed most at the time. And also, while I haven't scribbled here as much as I'd like, I have scribbled for some epic campaigns over the past year. Sometimes I'll be flicking through a mag or walking through a mall and I'll see summin I've worked on and it feels pretty darn amazing. So there's ups and downs with everything, eh! 

I'll blog when I can, I'll gym when I can and I'll hopefully still have a job after writing this! As always friendships, thanks for your kind messages and support.

EDIT: After posting this, I realised I should have gotten into the grittier deets about how I cried into my sweat towel at gym, down the freeway and in the ladies at work after my first gruelling workout but it's all a bit raw for me at the moment. When I'm feeling stronger, I'll share those fun-filled memories! 
blog comments powered by Disqus