Monday, March 2

10 Things

Whaddup, whaddup. Sorry for the radio silence. I've had a rather shaky start to the year in terms of my health. Been in and out of the doctor's office and just haven't been in the right head space to get my blog on. But I'm feeling a lot brighter and lately, I've been...
  1. Living in my summer uniform: aka the kimono!
  2. Furnishing the cottage. Bit by bit, it's starting to feel more like a home. The cost of it destroys me but its been fun to piece it together. If you follow me on Pinterest, you'll know I've gone moggy with home stuff! Can I be a professional pinner, somehow? 
  3. Watching a lot of Lost! We've gotten to the point where the show spirals into a convoluted mess {dare, I say!} but it's been the best tearing through it with Tall One who doesn't usually watch telly shows. We're about to start Game of Thrones although I'm not sure it's gonna by my cuppa tea. 
  4. Realising that my life now is so tame compared to my twenties where I was always out till 4am, watching gigs, attending weird art shows and throwing back cheap shooters in smoky dive bars. I mean, the points above involved telly and decorating! 
  5. Reading tons and tons about photography and cooking up plans to upgrade my gear. Up until this point, I avoided learning the technical stuff as I was worried it would suck the joy out of my favourite hobby but man alive, I wish I had learnt it all years ago! It would have saved me so much frustration...
  6. Loving our life and hood up the hill. It's crazy to think I just wailed when we got here. I'm so in love with it now, I can't imagine living anywhere else. That said, the long drive to work still does my head in.
  7. Concerned about the effect of social media on today's kids. I'm worried that for many, their self worth is getting tangled up with likes and shares. I only got a smart phone in my twenties but I still catch myself comparing myself to others online which triggers all sorts of bad feels so I've been trying to distance myself from the world's new obsession with followers and likes etc
  8. Looking forward to April when I'll be heading to Solitude with Tall One for an Easter break. The first thing I'm gonna do when I get there is have a bubble bath! I've tried to make peace with just being able to shower at our cottage but truth be told, I miss my bubble time summin' cray.
  9. Having friends over for rugby and braais. Before living together, neither of us were able to entertain a small gang so we're really chuffed that we can have fun Friday nights at home. 
  10. Feeling grateful for my Tall One. The other day, I felt like I was falling behind in life and as we were heading out our driveway,  Jon suddenly said, "Panda, we are rich in life. We live in a nice part of the world and we've got good friends." And that folks, is all you really need - a roof over your head and a few, good buddies.
Hope you have had a good weekend? x

 photo IMG_4400.jpg photo IMG_4398.jpg photo IMG_4410.jpg
blog comments powered by Disqus